Feeling "off"

mlj2298
on 2/26/10 4:18 am
Here's the deal.  I'm 3 months out and I've been noticing some changes in my mood/behavior lately.  Nothing too dramatic to begin with, but I thought I should ask my doctor if I might be having absorption issues with my Cymbalta.  Well, he wasn't very helpful and basicly told me I needed to see my reg doctor about upping my dosage.  I finally got in to see my doctor and she agreed to up the dosage, which I haven't started yet.  On Tuesday I had an EGD and was given Versed and Fentanyl for the procedure.  I noticed for the next two days my mood was very erratic, my temper was very short, and I just felt off.  I called the nurse and she said the meds could cause me to feel hungover, but that was it.  I haven't been seeing my therapist since before I had surgery and I called to make an appointment for Monday.  Today I seem to be feeling much better, more like my old self.  I'm thinking of cancelling the appt with my therapist.  I'm not much on therapy and only went beause it was required for the surgery.   I was wondering if this has occurred in others and if so did it come back?  Any and all help is much appreciated. 

dsherrera
on 2/26/10 7:29 am
My absorption of my medications has gone to hell since my surgery, resulting in a HUGE breakdown last week. One of my meds is Cymbalta. I had been seeing my psychiatrist weekly beginning the week after surgery because I was scared what the surgery would do to me psychologically. Currently I am off work due to my psych problems and feel like a pin cushion from all the lab draws they have donw.
Dana
Patricia R.
on 2/27/10 12:36 pm - Perry, MI
You gave up a huge coping mechanism when you had the surgery...food.  Sure you are going to be off.  You don't have the food to help you deal with negative feelings like you used to. 

In therapy, you can learn coping skills as well as the issues in your life that led to learning unhealthy coping skills. 

I have been in therapy for a very long time.  My psychiatrist insists in be in therapy, and he also does therapy with me. 

I am on Cymbalta and other psych meds, and find them to be fine.  Each person has their own personal absorption issues that affect them.

Good luck.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views