Update...and checking in.

Patricia R.
on 11/27/09 9:10 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I have been extremely busy, and really struggling lately.  I work two jobs, and barely get a chance to get on my computer some days.  

I have been struggling with physical pain that is getting worse and worse, and my doc and I are working on it.  In the meantime, I drank a few nights over it.  I got right back to AA, and have been talking to my doctor about it since then.  He prescribed prednisone for the pain, which made me crazy, and I had to go off of that.  My psychiatrist says that bipolar patients should not take prednisone.  It was horrible how I reacted.

So, doc and I are working on the pain management.  I still go to my AA meetings.  I have a terrific sponsor.  I am working my program to the best of my ability.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathy
on 11/28/09 1:00 am - Hamilton, NJ
Trish,
Hang in there.  I always look for your posts.  You have my number and I believe my personal email - USE THEM.  I'm a good listener.  Don't worry about your slip, you realized it quickly and got back to doing the next right thing.

Prednisone is a no-no for me, yet, I need it when I have really bad asthma attacks.  What's better, going out of my mind or not being able to breathe?  Hmmmm.  I will have to ponder that one.

Kathy

Jennifer M.
on 12/1/09 12:56 am - NY
I hope you feel better soon. I too have experienced physical pain..I found out I have degenerative disc disorder which makes my legs go numb..sometime while I am driving..Not good combo..I have never heard of bipolar patients and prednisone issues. My daughter has been on prednisone for asthma..and she is bipolar and adhd.

Im glad you recognized the drinking addiction and nipped it in the bud...Great choice getting back into AA. You need to sit down with your sponsor and go over your 12step program..It will make you feel soo much better.

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Kathy P.
on 12/2/09 3:51 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Sending you positive energy Trish...hang in there!
Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views