Checking in and Saying Hello

Curious G.
on 11/18/09 11:46 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Hi guys!  Wow what a difference a year makes!

I've lost about half of my post smoking cessating weight-gain - back down into my size 8's again - halelulia!  You know - it really *IS* about using our tool - no matter how far out.  It's been almost 6 yrs since my RNY - and the pouch stil does what it should if I do what I should!  (small bites, chew chew chew, no drinking with meals, dense proteins, 6 mini-meals a day, no grazing).  

I finally ended the relationship with the alcoholic boyfriend about 6 months ago - and it was so totally the right thing to do.  I've been really ok with it.

I'll be celebrating 2 yrs sobriety soon (this go round) and I'm helping others, working a good program and my life is good.

OHHHHH and the eldest child (who no longer lives with me) has made me a grandmother, so I've another wonderful blessing in my life!

Wow six years - if anybody would have tried to tell me the journey I would have back when considering surgery I would have never believed them!  I'm so tremendously grateful for progress instead of perfection!  It's the first time in my life I've been able to apply it as a philosophy!

I miss you guys' posts!  You've all been so instrumental in helping me with the weight and with the alcoholism.  Love you guys!

Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/19/09 12:16 am, edited 11/19/09 12:17 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hi Michelle...

Sooo good to see/hear from YOU.  I miss alot of the ole posters also.  Congratulations on the weightloss.. and your other milestone achievements.. 2 years!  whoo hooooo..

I myself am happy to announce that this week was my 3 year soberversary  funny.. this far out and I can't recall the exact date.  I believe either 16,17 or 18th.  But.. not so important these days..  just the fact that I love living each day sober is what's important to me.

~hugss~

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 11/26/09 3:37 am - Perry, MI
Congrats on your sobriety anniversary, Rhonda!!!  Way to go!!!  I will post more a little later.  I must finish cleaning. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathy
on 11/19/09 9:23 am - Hamilton, NJ
Michelle,
It is so good to see you posting.  I was wondering where you went.  Congrats on your two years.  I am at 18  months.  Woo Hoo.  Oh, and I am also 6 years out.  I, too, lost a bunch of weight over the summer and was absolutely amazed that my tool still worked.  I am now happily in a size 4 - I cannot EVER remember being this small.  Alot of people have moved over to the transfer addictions board.  I'm there too, but I still check here.  Kathy

Patricia R.
on 11/26/09 3:38 am - Perry, MI
Hey Michelle,
I have been living under the radar lately, for a lot of reasons, which I will post later.  It is so good to hear from you, and to hear that you are doing well.  Congrats on the sobriety, and the grandbaby.  I have two now, and I love them immensely.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views