idle depression? or ADD?

David B.
on 11/15/09 10:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am 3.5 weeks post op on my RNY surgery. I am doing ok. When I get idle, like watching tv, its like its not interesting to me, or maybe its not enough stimulation. When I am up doing stuff which is most of the time I dont feel down or disinterested. Back years ago I used to take meds like Ritilan for ADD. I dropped that and started with antidressansts when my mom was dieing from cancer. I currently take 50 mg Zoloft in the morning, and 100 mg of trazadone before going to sleep.

David B
  David  max  317, pre liquid diet  295, day of surgery 285, current 193 09/01/10

Patricia R.
on 11/16/09 10:34 am - Perry, MI
With rapid weight gain, there is a fluctuation in our hormone levels.  Fat stores hormones and as the fat is released from the tissues, the hormone is released into our blood stream.  Hormone fluctuations can cause mood changes.  It happens in men and women.

Talk to your psychiatrist about your current experiences with your mood, and see if a medication adjustment is in order.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views