Post-Op Anxieties

pandoralsu
on 10/19/09 3:00 pm - Hahnville, LA
VSG on 11/11/13
 I have never had an anxiety before, but recently in my post-Op balloon deflated body I seem to be stirring up a lot of body image issues.  I have anxieties about eating because I'm afraid I'm going to throw up.  I've had anxieties when I don't eat that I'm developing an eating disorder.  These elements have surfaced recently, in the last two weeks.  I quit smoking entirely, cold turkey.  I'm afraid that may have been a trigger, but the issues were underlying prior to this weekend's episodes. 

Has anyone else experienced Post-Op food and eating issues?  I am a Master's degree counselor who decided to leave the field while I lost this weight, and now I feel like I need to start seeing someone to discuss my issues.  Eventually, I would like to go back into counseling in this field in particular too.  I thought I was invincible and this wouldn't happen to me... I thought I could deal with feeling like a deflated balloon, but it's turning out to be harder than I thought. 

I've accepted that I'll need plastics when I'm done.  After the praying that I wouldn't, I've now accepted it.  Ideally, I'd like to get down to 145 and then consult with a plastic surgeon.  I'm 5'8, so minus the skin, I'd like to be about 135-140.
January 16, 2009 - Lap-Band (9cc)  Dr. Todd Belott - West Jeff Medical Center
http://www.sclaweightloss.com/
353/292/180/150
HW/SW/CW/GW
K. kgbb
on 11/7/09 7:50 am
 I quit smoking once I was in the hospital, but about 3 days home, I started again and my anxiety stopped.  I already have to take medication for severe anxiety attacks and chronic depression and coming home and feeling so bad and sick and realizing I couldn't eat and my life was completely changed just scared the crap out of me and I cried all the time.
I'm almost 1 month post op and I've stalled out around 20-25 lbs.  I'm chomping at the bit to be able to eat more 'normal' food.  I'm eating soup, spaghetti o's, chili, and some pasta.  I'm sick of it all!  I would love to eat chicken and salad and be able to go out to eat and just eat something different.  I think about it all the time and I can't stop.
I'm not even going to ponder flabby skin because I'll never be able to afford it.  I don't plan on being a bikini girl, so I'm not too worried about it unless I look horrible, then I'll just suffer in silence!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views