Four Months Sober

Patricia R.
on 10/8/09 12:57 pm - Perry, MI
Today is my four month anniversary.  I have not had a drink of alcohol, nor abused any drugs, in four months.  It has been hard in the past couple of weeks.  I had words with my sponsor and thought she dropped me, and then I dropped her.  I am concerned because of her lack of response to my last e-mail telling her I would be seeking a new sponsor.  I think she is being petty.

My depression has been off the wall lately.  My psychiatrist has increased two of my meds, and I still feel lousy.  Some of it is seasonal, and some is related to traumas and losses I have experienced in the month of October.

I have to get to bed.  I am wiped out with the flu.  When it rains it pours.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 10/9/09 2:41 am - Houston, TX
Congrats on the four months.. I am working on four weeks after losing 15 years of sobriety..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Patricia R.
on 10/9/09 2:46 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Ramon,
I first entered AA 20 years ago.  After 8 years of sobriety, I drank off and on for a few years.  Then, during my divorce, I got sober again in 2001.  After 6 years, I relapsed two years ago.  It has taken me this long to get this much time.

The thing I learned is to work my 12 step program, and take life one day at a time.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen O.
on 10/11/09 1:31 pm - Blackwood Terrace, NJ
Hey Patricia,
Hang in there girl. Right foot. left foot, BREATHE!!! I'm coming up on 19 years continuous sobriety and it is because of my addictions I became 430lbs and last November had the VSG surgery. I have lost 146lbs in 10 months and although I am thrilled I am also bummed to have my food taken away. Yes a drink and a drug has seemed like a good idea from time to time but if I drink I will, drug and if I drug I will smoke and if I smoke I will have lots of sex and I will begin to allow my addictions to take back pieces of mu soul again.

You see it isn't about what I lose from my life but what I lose from inside. If the fit isn't right it isn't right...move on and get a new sponsor. Preferrably someone who understand that if you take away one thing I will move towards another...food was taken away and the booze came back in...no big surprise to me. Consider getting into therapy with an eating disorder, recovery focused counselor...it is saving me from a relapse and making it easier to work on this next phase of my recovery.

Wishing you all the best.

Peace~ Eileen
Powerful Women's Motto : Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says, "Oh Noooooo....SHE's awake!!"
Patricia R.
on 10/11/09 10:33 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Eileen,
I have been in therapy with a psychologist who specializes in eating disorders, and have also done intensive outpatient treatment for binge eating disorder twice, prior to my surgery.  My therapist and I have been addressing all of my addictive behaviors and the underlying issues that contribute to them for twenty years.  

I did get a new sponsor, and I am hoping things with her are better.  I was sick over the weekend with the flu, so I was unable to get together with her at the meeting we agreed upon.  I will try again this week.

Lots of life stress is upon me this week.  I am hoping things get better.

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Lalocaweta
on 10/13/09 3:24 am - Spicewood, TX
YEAH Trish....

Don't let the flu make you relapse.....Hope you feel better.

Anne
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views