violent childhood sexual abuse?

moonboots
on 9/18/09 4:48 pm
Has anyone else suffered through this? I'm wondering how this figures into being heavy I think I understand some of the connections-at least for me, but I was wondering what some one Else's opinion is on the subject.

I believe I've got my emotions worked out and feel mentally healthy, but I still have a eating problem.

Input?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. psalms 51:10
          HW:325/Pre-OP W:253                    
Sarah D.
on 9/18/09 9:35 pm - Waynesville, MO
I was molested when I was younger and I do believe it contributed to the weight. I was already chunky back then but my weight grew. We also think something bad happened when I was around 4 or so because I started eating more and became seditary and refused to go back to a baby sitters. I cant unblock my memory of that time, but I do remember that far back. I have a binge eatting problem and there is a group on here that I am apart of called Overcoming Binge Eatting. If thats your problem too, Id join us. It really helps me if I feel the need to binge I can get on there, post and I get tons of support. Well Muchlove and I hope all stays well mentally.
moonboots
on 9/19/09 2:19 pm
Thank you for your reply, I'll take a look. thanks!
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. psalms 51:10
          HW:325/Pre-OP W:253                    
poet_kelly
on 9/25/09 5:14 am - OH
I was sexully abused as a child and have post-traumatic stress disorder.  A few years ago, I hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital that specializes in treating trauma survivors.  Almost every single person there had an eating disorder, either anorexia, bulimia, or being very overweight.  I do believe there is a connection.

Kelly
mandajolyn
on 9/29/09 1:55 am, edited 9/29/09 1:55 am - Tallahassee, FL
I was abused physically, sexually and emotionally from age 6-10, I started gaining weight around 10 yrs old. Food became my emotional bandaid. It was my comfort for a LONG time! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views