90 days

Patricia R.
on 9/6/09 11:21 pm - Perry, MI
90 days ago, I stopped drinking and started rigorously working my AA program.  Last night I went to a meeting and was asked to speak at a meeting this coming Saturday.  I will be finished my treatment program this week, and starting to live my life.

I am working on my 4th step this month and trying to get that done is a bear.  I will not give up, I just am not thrilled with what I am learning about myself.

Have a great week.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marylaw
on 9/7/09 2:21 am - Winfield, KS
That is so exciting, Trish! Good work. I know you will do a great job speaking. What a wonderful opportunity to praise God for all the transforming work He's doing in your heart and life. Let us know how it goes.
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Leslie C.
on 9/12/09 12:01 pm - Kenner, LA
way to go Trish!!  Who is ever thrilled with what we find out but it will be our tools to HELP us!!  You just keep putting one foot in front of the other and things will work out the way it is supposed to!!

Big Hugs, Leslie

a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW210/GW160 5' 8"

Lalocaweta
on 9/15/09 4:16 am - Spicewood, TX
That moral inventory can be a real b**ch - but it is such a learning experience.
121 days here.....still working on making amends....But, that is going to take me - the rest of my life for some people who chose to remain by myside despite my faults and addiction and horrid behaviors towards them.

Have a great and sober week.

Anne
Kathy
on 9/21/09 12:29 am - Hamilton, NJ
Trish,
Congrats for the milestone.  Keep coming back.  Sorry for the late reply - went on a cruise, broke my foot, got laid off after 17 years, ummmm and dealing with some health issues - low B12 and iron deficiency anemia - not to mention the emotional thing of losing my job - I have lost 43 pounds and look terrible.  On the road to recovery.  I celebrated 16 months on the 18th of this month.  I am very proud of you.  And, like you, I do not like what I am learning about myself.  Ick.  Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views