Stocking up on meetings.

Patricia R.
on 8/31/09 8:34 pm - Perry, MI
I have been hitting a lot of AA meetings lately, because I am in a high stress period of my life. August/September is when I return to my teaching job. The job is not as stressful as it once was, but the transition period is stressful, especially as we are also in contract negotiations. Add to that, I broke my toe three weeks ago, and have been unable to work my second job, which bites into my finances horribly.

Then, Mom is in town for a birthday week, hers being one of them. If you were here in June, I had a total meltdown from a run-in with her. She is speaking to me now, but no mention of the incident, and she can hold a grudge.

So, I have been making a lot more meetings. I hit one on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I hope to get to treatment group today, and hopefully receive some sort of discharge letter to give to my primary therapist as he has concerns about me ending treatment.

I will have my 90 days of sobriety in a week. Till then, I am protecting myself with my stepwork and meetings. I fear relapsing as I did before, which was always preceded by a couple of weeks without meetings.

I appreciate the support here, as I am not one to take things like that for granted.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views