Hey peeps

almondsoylatte
on 8/21/09 8:28 am - Oklahoma City, OK
hey everybody! i just came across this forum today and boy am i glad i found it!

lately ive been extremely depressed and feeling hopeless. and its not about my wls or my job or relationship (i thought for a second it was my boyfriend but its not..) just complete utter dissatisfaction with everything for no reason, nothing triggering it.

its subsided, but it was a rough week this week and im super glad im starting to feel a little bit like myself again :)

question for anybody on meds for their depression after wls, did you approach this with your surgeon or did you go to pcp for a script or how did you handle this?

please let me know!
thanks for everything!
-am <3

But you don’t
Always
Have to hold your head
Higher than your heart
~jack johnson~

Patricia R.
on 8/21/09 10:10 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there,
I am glad you found this forum.  As for depression, I have been on antidepressants for a very long time, prescribed by my psychiatrist.  I have been in therapy and on meds for about 20 years.  In addition to my depression, I have been treated for binge eating disorder and alcoholism.  

Many people struggle after WLS because we are not using food to deal with negative emotions.  Now, we must feel the feelings, and not numb out. 

My suggestion would be to check out some therapy, and get a psych eval.  I prefer that people get psych meds from a psychiatrist. 

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views