Catching Up

Patricia R.
on 8/14/09 5:13 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Everyone,
I have been away from this forum for a while.  No particular reason, except busy.  My grandson was born two weeks ago, and I was in Michigan helping my daughter with her house and my granddaughter who is two years old.  Had some difficulty dealing with my daughter, as she is hypercritical, and found fault with a lot of little things I did.  I handled her negativity quietly, by not engaging her about it.  We had a run-in in June, and I lost it then, and did not want to have a repeat while she was dealing with the post-partum hormones and sleep deprivation.  

So, on the way home from Michigan, I fell into a huge funk, and was hugely tempted to get drunk.  Ironically it was my 60 day anniversary of sobriety, and I really was not in a good place.  I called my sponsor and dealt with it.  

Most recently, I broke a toe on Friday.  It hurts like heck, and I am dealing with not being able to work my hospital job for this weekend, and I sorely need the money.  My doc wants me to see an orthopedist on Monday, as there is a chance I would need surgery.   I would rather work and pay bills, but such is life on life's terms.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

susan in sugar land
on 8/16/09 10:02 pm - SUGAR LAND, TX
I am really glad that you called your sponsor instead of listening to the insanity of alcoholism.  Bravo!  Hope your toe gets better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views