trying to get pregnant off meds and feeling upset...

emmykins132000
on 8/10/09 2:23 am
So I am trying to get pregnant so i went off my bipolar meds and i lost it last night.  My dogs frustrated me and befor i knew what happend i pushed over some plasticchairs knoocked over a firepit threw my phone and then cried for an hour and a half.  I have only been off my meds for 2 weeks how am i supposed to do this for 9+ months???  Any advice would be totally appreciated.  I really want to have a baby and am looking forward to it but i hate feeling out of control like this.  its no fun.  thanks.
~emmy

mandajolyn
on 8/12/09 8:19 am - Tallahassee, FL
Talk to your Dr! Did you wein off them or just stop them? It's VERY dangerous to just stop them if you did! Keep in close contact with your GP and your meds Dr. while you're trying and are pregnant! From what I understand after the first trimester there are some bipolar meds that are safe to take! 
Patricia R.
on 8/13/09 9:45 pm - Perry, MI
Ditto on staying in close contact with the psychiatrist prescribing your meds.  It is vital that you work closely with the doc, and discuss all of your symptoms. 

Be safe.  Do you have any self-soothing skills you can use on a regular basis to help you ride out some of the extreme symptoms? 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

adkin
on 8/28/09 9:48 pm - Kyrgyzstan
I'm absolutely agree about consultation with a doctor.

Maybe this meds are not suitable for you. Try to use another medications.

But to be completely sure that they'll be safe you should consult with a doctor.

By the way you can do it here
Jennifer M.
on 10/26/09 11:42 pm - NY
Hiya..Sorry you are having a hard time. I agree that you should keep in contact with your dr (if you havent already). There are some medications you can take when you are pregnant. You have to ask for what meds you can take in class C. You can have a baby while taking meds. I hope you get some relief soon..Good luck!

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views