Mental Eval on Monday and I'm cycling!!!!

mandajolyn
on 8/7/09 1:15 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I have my pshyc. Eval This coming Monday and I'm Worried!! My Mental Health Dr. Just recently put me back on the mood stabalizer she took me off of and I'm having a rough time getting used to it again! Not to mention I'm going through a serious depressive state right now!! I'm bipolar and I'm going through another cycle of manic then depressed! I'm hoping and praying this weekend is good so that I'm ok come Monday for my appointment!  I need this surgery! Any words of advise? Encouragement?
mclarke1970
on 8/7/09 11:32 pm
think positive and things should be ok, i a getting depressed cause i have medcaid and i can not find anyone to do my pyc eval for the surgry and that is very depressing it self. hope all works out for you i am in florida as well
maryann
Shannon Neel
on 8/8/09 1:17 am - Chattahoochee, FL
You will do just fine, Doctor Dix is very helpful,the eval is just to make sure you will comply with treatment and you understand how important after care is.......you will be having surgery before you know it.....

Sarah D.
on 8/8/09 10:48 pm - Waynesville, MO
When I did my psy eval it was all paperwork that asked what youre currently feeling and eating habits. I pray that they dont interview you so that they dont see the cycleing I know what it's like to be denied because of the psy eval. I also have bipolar disorder, but I also have bulimia.
mandajolyn
on 8/12/09 8:23 am - Tallahassee, FL
The appointment went better than expected, he did talk  with me for a while and I'm sure he could tell I was anxious. I was just honest with him. By Monday I was calmer so I was able to deal with it better! Hopefully I expressed to him that I'm compliant with ALL my Drs and will be with my surgery!
Patricia R.
on 8/13/09 9:43 pm - Perry, MI
Glad to hear the session went well.  For the most part, it is the compliance factor that they look at more than anything else.  Anxiety is normal for everyone, not just us bipolar patients.

Keep us posted on your journey.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mandajolyn
on 8/15/09 10:59 am - Tallahassee, FL
It's something I take VERY seriously! Making sure I pay attention to what my Dr's tell me! I know some people choose to take their own routes, but for me personally I know that's not a safe thing to do and I'm not going to risk what could happen should I ignore my Drs.

Now I just get to wait, which is anxious enough, lol But I'm confident that the eval went well and that I'm clear minded enough and stable with a great support system in place so that I have every chance of success with this surgery!! My biggest worry is because I'm Bipolar and because there's a double depression Diagnosis and the anxiety that it will damage my chances of approval! I PRAY to God is Doesn't!!

"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Patricia R.
on 8/15/09 11:30 am - Perry, MI
I remember that anxiety very well.  That was the only time I worried during my whole pre-op process.  I was fortunate, because my personal psychiatrist did my eval and he worked with my therapist putting it together.  It helped that they knew each other too.  They were both in favor of me having the surgery, and were confident I could succeed in it.  

Just take it one day at a time, and utilize the boards here if you need to talk.  Feel free to PM me if you need to. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views