A short re-cap

marieh
on 8/2/09 12:21 am - So. Easton, MA
Hi folks!!

I haven't been online much lately. I've let baseball season consume me more than I thought possible. (who am I kidding?? I AM an addict after all right!?)  I haven't had a drink in 23 years, a cigarette in 22, haven't overspent in ONE week.  That's been harder than anything else so far. I traded one addiction for another and another and another....I guess that's a recurring theme for many of us.

I just had my two year surgiversary yesterday!! I'm seeing my nutritionist on Monday and was just fitted with a continuous glucose monitor along with my insulin pump. I've had type 1 diabetes for 40 years now and have lost most of my sensitivity to blood sugar changes. I feel like the insulin dependent Borg....(resistance is futile)!  I'm having trouble sticking to my protein program AND exercise. This past week I've been better about hopping on the dreadmill and lifting weights though. I just need to make the effort and keep it going!

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good!!

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 8/6/09 1:23 pm - Perry, MI
Happy Surgiversary Girlfriend,
I have been preoccupied with the birth of my grandson.  I hear you on the addictive tendencies being hard to kick.

One day at a time. 

I also hear you on the baseball addiction.  I am right now going through Phillies withdrawal, as I am in Tigers country.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views