Been AWOL

Patricia R.
on 7/28/09 5:32 pm - Perry, MI
I have been AWOL for a very long time.  So long, I can't remember when I last posted here.  In the past month, my computer crashed and I have been rebuilding it, and lost my bookmarks.  

I am Trish, alcoholic, former borderline personality, bipolar, eating disordered etc.  My last drink was on June 7, 2009.  I have been in alcoholism treatment since October and in AA for almost 20 years.  My weight loss has been stalled for the past nineteen months, which coincides with the start of my alcohol relapsing.

I have been learning the importance of working the 12 steps, and being totally honest with myself and others.  I have also been learning of my great need to internalize my therapy and program.  My motivation for doing much of anything has to come from within, and lately it has not. 

I am also learning of my need to stay on my meds as prescribed.  When I play with my med levels BAD things happen.  I make unhealthy, self-defeating choices that make my life miserable.

I just wanted to catch up with all of you and meet the new people. 

I am getting a new grandchild in a few days, and will be posting pics on Facebook first.  If you are on Facebook, my username is Patricia Anne Reilly.  If you want to befriend me, write me a note telling me you know me from OH and this forum in particular.

Hugs,l
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathy
on 8/8/09 2:05 am - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Trish,
Sorry it is so long since I heard from you.  I, too, have been incredibly busy the last 3 months.  I lost my job of 17 years - first time I have ever been unemployed - and sold my grandmother's house on my own without a real estate agent.  Wrong thing.  Had to sink 12k into the house (it was 108 years old) to bring it up to code.  Between the township, county and the new buyer, plus the loss of my job I went into obesession mode.  Thank god I didn't drink over it and will celebrate 14 months on 18 Aug.  I did however, lose 40 pounds in those 3 months, enough to concern my surgeon.  I'm not complaining and labs are good, but jeez, 40 pounds.  I was so busy doing repairs, getting permits, inspections, re-inspections and filing for unemployment it was pathetic.  I guess that's what we alcoholics do - obsess.

Anyway, congrats on the new grandbaby.  I hope you have been feeling well.
Best regards, Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views