Post op Marital issues

ms81367
on 7/24/09 2:17 am - Pickerington, OH
I have been married to an awesome guy for 18 years.  We have two children together.  He is 11 yrs older than I am and I am his 2nd wife.  He met me as a size 14 and was with me up to size 28.  He did give some grief about my highest weight as he had concerns about my health and lifestyle.  I am now a size 6 and very healthy.  He is 52 and doesnt have the same energy levels that I do.  He is a good dad and a good husband.  He is of normal weight just as he always has been.  I dont know what has changed in me with all the weight loss.  I am never in the mood and I am bothered by small things that he does.  What happened to the love I used to have so long ago?  What is wrong with me?  I must admit that I feel like I lost so much of my young life and now that I am smaller and more active I want to go out dancing and hanging with my friends.
I just had tummy tuck and breast reduction, lift and implants in June.  I am still getting used to my new body.  I am not used to the male attention that I am getting and it makes me feel so good and alive.  I feel so guilty about craving male attention!  What is wrong with me?
Anyone else feel this way?
Britt W.
on 7/26/09 6:15 am - Republic, MO
i went from a size 44 to a 22 and i get the attention now.  i feel or felt guilty and then the attention made me feel so good i had an affair.  now i am on the road to divorce.  a lot of people told me this would happen and i didnt listen.  i am now dating around and happy but i still wish i could have kept my marriage intact.  we have a 5 year old daughter.  good luck to you and dont stray.  it only makes things worse.  not saying you would.  your friend  britt
shaunconnors
on 7/28/09 10:10 am - Millville, NJ
Wow girl, I know this story.  I was married for 10 years my daughter was 2 when I had WLS.  I went from 374 pounds to 161 pounds.  Everything changed.  I knew we had issues, it really wasn't a healthy relationship.  But never in a million years was I prepared for the changes in me, the male attention and the changes in how other people treated me.  After months of agony and fighting I realized it wasn't the weight that made me depressed, it was a bad marriage.  Now I had the balls to do something about it.  I did not have surgery and work my ass off to be unhappy.  March 07 I told him I wanted a divorce.  We lived in the same house until I moved out that October.  June 07 I had an affair.  The man was someone I had met at a gastric bypass support group meeting.  He was also married. We dated for about 7 months. I think in some twisted way it helped me move forward and get out of a bad situation.  That ended, it was a phase.  Bottom line is that we are very different people...maybe some counciling might help you?  Worth a try. 
Good Luck.

susan in sugar land
on 8/9/09 6:09 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
I have had some marital issues too because of the weight and other things too.  We've been married almost 26 years and when I lost my weight 3+ years ago (I went from size 26/28 to size 0/2) and he has NEVER said a word about how I look, feel etc.  I asked him once why he hadn't said anything and his answer was that he saw me everyday so he'd kind of gotten used to me being small.  Whatever...this is his issue, not mine.  Having said that I've also learned that trying to figure out what the future holds is way too much for me to do.  I have turned my worries over to a higher power (of my understanding) and whether this marriage survives or not is being worried about.  I have started (for the last 3 months) personal counseling and that has been a tremendous help.  When one partner makes a huge life change and the other doesn't...it's bound to upset the apple cart (so to speak).

I hope that all works out for you.

Sus
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views