Don't be alone...

susan in sugar land
on 7/11/09 3:33 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
I became sober on 4.10.08 and for 90 days I made 90 meetings...I had a sponsor, I stayed sober, I quit going to meetings.  Fast forward to last week...I'm in Colorado with my daughter and her softball team and the hotel has a happy hour and there are at least 5 bottles of open wine.  For the first time since 4.10.08, I thought "who would know?"....I would know.  Long story short, I'm back at meetings, got a new sponsor with almost 31 years of sobriety and a new attitude.  I'm ready to do the work now...I wasn't before.  It helps that I've been in therapy for almost 4 months so I've been working on issues but now is the time to slay this dragon.

I found that I was isolating myself like I did when I was drinking...well, without wine sitting in front of the TV is just not the way to live anymore!  lol.  I'm out...I'm looking for a job...I'm with friends and I hear "I love you" every day if not several times a day and to me
that's important.  More importantly, I am helping others and what a difference that makes.  

I wish all of you that are in the same place as me, the bravery, the strength to ask for help because it is out there....those women who have been there for me for 17+ months are my "Earth Angels"...pm me if you need me!

Susan

Leslie C.
on 7/11/09 9:54 am - Kenner, LA
way to go girl!! 

two days after my surgery I had a very large bottle of Lortab!!  It was talking to me!!  I didn't need it so I threw it away!!  Addiction is a ***** and has to be first on our list to take care of. With out sobriety we have nothing!!!  (Now I have sobriety and a BAND!!!!)

Send me a message if you need to talk.

Big Hugs, Leslie

a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW210/GW160 5' 8"

RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/11/09 10:05 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Thank you so much for sharing.  I have been sober since 11-18-06 and altho not every day is rainbow and butterflies.. I have the courage and will and strength.. to chase them each and everyday.  Sure meets laying on the couch sleeping off a hangover.. lol.

take care

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 7/28/09 5:07 pm - Perry, MI
Relapse does happen to many of us in AA, and I have been using it as a learning process.  For me, it is in my thinking and step work.  Congrats on making it back before the relapse.  I was not so lucky.  I have been in and out of relapse for over 19 months, after many years of sobriety. 

Keep doing your stepwork and stick close to yoru sponsor.  It works.  The 12 steps do work.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views