Depression medication after RYN

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 11:07 pm - North Venice, FL
I have been on Cymbolta for many years and am finally on the right dose.  I was told by one surgeon that I would have to change my medication because it is not crushable, but my current  surgeon has not stated anything.  I will be asking him when I see him next time, but was just wondering if anyone has heard the same thing? 

If you suffer from depression and are Post OP, can you please comment on what type of medicine you are one?  Is it crushable?

Thanks!
Lalocaweta
on 7/5/09 11:25 pm - Spicewood, TX
I finally got the right diagnosis - and while I do not have depression - I have bipolar with rapid cycling and a tendency to be depressive.
I do know that many medications can NOT be crushed.
I have tried a variety of medications since surgery 5 years ago.
Zoloft - did nothing
Effexor - worked for about 6 months
Effexor TR - worked well (in part due to the time release factor), but my new doctor took me off of it and put me onto
Pristiq  and Depakote - The Pristiq is working well for me and so is the Depakote. I do know neither of them can be crushed. (I have only been on the Pristiq for 6 months and the Depakote for 3 months - so time may yet tell.)
Keep in mind that for many people over time they have to change their medications for illnesses like bipolar and depression as the brain changes the chemical imbalance once again.
Anne
Leslie C.
on 7/6/09 11:02 am - Kenner, LA
I am on wellbutrin and lexapro. I have no problem taking them and I do not have to crush them.

Good Luck,
Leslie

a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW210/GW160 5' 8"

denise N.
on 7/7/09 5:34 pm - Augusta, GA
I am on several medications that are not crushable and am having no problems taking them.

MelanieS.
on 7/12/10 11:52 pm
What has others experiences been in using anti-depressants? Weight gain? What anti-depressant has the least effect on this?
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views