AA people????

Lalocaweta
on 6/10/09 2:58 am - Spicewood, TX
Leslie:
I just got out of an inpatient treatment program yesterday - I have 26 days of sobriety.
I can tell you that I was a cocaine addict until 1992 - then became a food addict until I had wls in 2004. And then turned to alcohol. I finally hit bottom (But - keep in mind the bottom always has a trapdoor to send you further down...)
I encourage you to get back into AA before your surgery and start working those steps again.

Anne
sweeney1
on 6/10/09 6:27 am
Congrats on day 26.  Nice to see you back.  I know you were really worried about being away from your family for the inpatient program.
Lalocaweta
on 6/10/09 11:20 pm - Spicewood, TX
My fears were unfounded....Once I got over my pity party (took about 3 days), I realized that I needed to get sober for myself in order to be a better person for my family. They did come to visit me and we had to do "Family Letters" - which were letters telling each other about a variety of emotions. Both my children and my spouse did them to me and vice versa - very hard, but got so much stuff out in the open.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Anne
NewLife100
on 6/10/09 7:29 am - Canada
I had surgery Aug 08 and have drank every day since - it is an awful battle
Lalocaweta
on 6/10/09 11:21 pm - Spicewood, TX
One Day at A Time - which sounds really cheesy - but it does work. (I am actually doing one hour at a time right now.....)
Sean N.
on 6/15/09 10:34 am - TX

Hey Leslie -

My name is Sean and I am an alcoholic.  It have been 16 years since I have had me last drink.  I was an alcoholic and sober before I was legal!! I substituted food for my lack of alcohol which put me to morbid obesity.  I have since kicked that and taken up guns!!! That has become my new passion though...

I saw that we are surgery twins, im just 2 years older!  I had mine June 25 2007.

Keep it up!!!

Sean 422/383/244
OH Certified Support Group Leader
Pasadena Support Group 2nd Monday at 6:30pm
Katy Krew Support Group 4th Monday at 6:30pm

'This is my glock, There are many like it, but this one is MINE.'  R Lee Ermey
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views