Suicide is not an option...

Nannyre2U
on 6/4/09 4:18 am - Donaldsonville, LA
Having just read the post about Carradine's suicide and on the heels of much talk about suicide, I dare to step up onto my soap box and shout from the top of my  lungs  SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER!  There is help.  There is hope.  If you are struggling with this demon, please know that there is help for you.  You can reach out to me and I will try to help you get the help you need.  Or you can pick up the phone and dial 911.  It does not have to end the way it feels to you it should.  I am saying all of this because it seems this has been the month of suicides.  Three weeks ago a former client took his life.  When I learned the news,  I was so disturbed because I know I could have gotten him the much needed help.  Week before last, someone introduced me to the movie Seven Pounds which I do NOT reccommend to anyone--however as disturbing as it was, I'm glad I saw it.  (See my review on Facebook and EBAY)  Last Wednesday a young man approached me before church and told me if he did not get help, it would be the last day of his life.  Needless to say, today he is in the hospital getting the help he needed.  Last night I encountered another suicidal homeless person and made sure she got some much needed help.  Having struggled with depression a lot in my life, I am here to say THERE IS HOPE and THERE IS HELP!  If you find yourself in despair,  and are tempted to end it all know that there are mechanisms in place to help you.  If you dial 911, you will be brought in for evaluation and if you pose a threat to yourself or others, the Coroner has the power to have you held (committed) for further evaluation, workup and treatment.  Please remember this.  SUICIDE IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO A TEMPORARY PROBLEM!

Never Give Up!  We win by losing!  Nannyre

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 6/4/09 11:27 pm - Houston, TX
Having experienced this first hand, a friend died in my arms, and also having attempted I know that this now..  I recently started drinking after 15 years and had reached the point of suicide until I realized just how selfish I was being.. How would my brothers explain to thier kids about Uncle Jr?  I chose to get into a recovery program and get help.. I am on my third week of sobriety and I am working hard to not repeat the actions that got me to that point..

PLEASE SEEK HELP.. I did and now no one has to tell my nephews and nieces that uncle Jr took the easy way out..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Nannyre2U
on 6/4/09 11:41 pm - Donaldsonville, LA
Dude, I wish I could LITERALLY hug you!  You will have to settle for a virtual one!  But that is exactly the goal I was looking to in my post.  THERE IS HELP!  Thankyou for posting this response.  If you read some of the responses on the main board, you will see that many struggle.  I wanna be a part of the solution! 
Thanks again and much love your way today! 
Marie aka Nannyre

Patricia R.
on 6/5/09 7:42 pm - Perry, MI
Ramon,
I am so glad to hear you are sober again.  Congratulations on three weeks.  That is awesome.  

Keep working the program.  Remember that God is doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nannyre2U
on 6/4/09 11:44 pm - Donaldsonville, LA
This morning I read posts from the main board in response to my post above and was further troubled by the number of people struggling with suicidal thoughts and tendencies.  Below is a response I posted.  I do this in an attempt to make a difference for someone else.  It's called paying it forward.

Thank you, each of you for responding to my post.  I believe my message, tho well intended may not have had the impact I'd hoped for a few.  My purpose was to encourage and explain that there is hope.  I know the demon of suicide.  I've met him and have been close enough to have smelled his ugly breath!  What I am trying to say is there is help.  And it doesn't have to end the way you think it does.  In many of the posts, and in many of the cir****tances that have hit close to home for me, it's the people who are left behind that suffer greatly as a result of this very selfish and very needless act.  With the proper help and perspective the demon of suicide can be attacked and conquered.  What we don't have to do is encourage it.  We have to exercise it by help, medication and therapy.  And on a side note, but very much related to this topic is the fact that as recovering food addicts, we no longer have our "drug" to medicate life.  So when life hits us in the face, we must face it with a different approach.  I love this place in cyberspace.  It fills a much needed space for me.  I've met wonderful friends here who have helped to steady me when I've needed steadying.  Who cheer me when I need cheering.  And who generally give me unconditional love and acceptance.  It would devastate me to know that one of you chose death over life when life is so much better.  With that said, I offer hugs and friendship to you. 
Marie aka Nannyre

Patricia R.
on 6/5/09 7:46 pm - Perry, MI
I have had suicidal ideations in my lifetime, and thank God that I have never succeeded on my feeble attempts.  My ex-husband's father committed suicide when we were first married.  It devastated and scarred my ex forever.  I now work in a psychiatric hospital part time and see patients who have tried.  The depression and shame they experience is so deep. 

I have a friend who just told me that her 13 year old grandson's father just committed suicide this week.  That boy will be scarred for life.

The problem with suicide is that it causes a permanent pain in the loved ones left behind.

Please, to anyone suffering with suicidal thoughts, tell someone.  Call a hotline.  Get to an emergency room.  Whether you believe it or not, people do care about you.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views