Grief

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/09 11:38 am - NH
Post Date: 5/26/09 6:36 pm
Has anyone had to go in for depression or bipolar?

What do they do for you , my therapist is thinking I need to go into an in house treatment for my depression that is part of my bipolar.

Has anyone had grief so bad that the depression ate at them until they thought they would die?

My grief over a death is terrible , I am not suicidal and I am under the care of a therapist  but I do not think I can handle this greif alone, alone as in a weekly visit to my therapist.     I am on bipolar meds and anxiett meds but stilll I am barely functioning and I am ready to curl up and never uncurl.

Does anyone relate to any of this pain?

PM if you want privacy.

I am afraid to go inpatient because I do not know anyone who has before so I have no one ot ask what it is like inside     , I am just afraid to go .

Patricia R.
on 5/26/09 10:11 pm - Perry, MI
Hi, I wanted to reply last night, but was too tired to make intelligence out of my words. I was inpatient at a hospital for three days, for cutting. I was over medicated and slept most of the time. I now work in a psych hospital and enjoy that work immensely. I do group therapy activities with all of the patients. I can relate to extreme grief, as I have lost both of my brothers in the past two years. It hurts like nothing. I also went through a painful divorce 8 years ago. I am not sure what to tell you about the hospital, but if you like, I will answer any specific questions you may have. Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views