60 days of sobriety

Patricia R.
on 5/22/09 8:01 am - Perry, MI
I went to my AA meeting this morning and picked up my 2 month coin.  I have 60 days of sobriety yesterday.  I had it in March, but messed things up going to the ER in March, and getting pain meds when I was not really in pain.  I was hooked to them, after some surgery I had in February.

Thought I would share.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen O.
on 5/22/09 8:12 am - Blackwood Terrace, NJ
WAY TO GO PATRICIA!!!!!!

60 days is a big deal....recognizing that sneaking ******* "addiction" that live in our heads, is even more of an accomplishment. Keep learning and remember "To Thine Own Self Be True!"

Congrats! Peace~ Eileen

PS I am 18 years with out a drink but feel like a newbie once again as it has only been 6 months since I put down the food addiction. This one is a toughie!
Powerful Women's Motto : Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says, "Oh Noooooo....SHE's awake!!"
Patricia R.
on 5/22/09 8:53 am - Perry, MI
Keep going to meetings.  I have been in AA for over 19 years, and was able to put together two decent stretches between drinks, once over 8 years, and once over 6 years.  This past 18 months have been awful, because I have tried and failed many times to get more than 3 months.  I am in outpatient treatment, since October. 

Thanks for the encouragement.  I am grateful to have the 60 days.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Corgi Mom !.
on 5/22/09 8:46 pm - sunny, FL

Great job Trish.  Keep up the good work.  My prayers are with you.

Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
marieh
on 5/23/09 10:54 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hey chickie!!!  CONGRATULATIONS on 60!! (and here's to 61) :)  You're still my hero!! You can make it happen again, girlfriend.

Hugs,
Marie

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/24/09 12:02 am
good for you Trish! 

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

ejjy
on 5/25/09 1:39 pm - Watertown, MA
Just hit 18 years myself and it's still just one day sober at a a time.  congratulations on your 60 days.  don't you love chips?  i live for that stuff LOL.... like getting a gold star on my spelling test, only better!  your honesty is where it's at, i'm happy to hear it and you keep it simple and keep your eyes on the prize, because there is truly no better way to live.
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/25/09 11:09 pm - Houston, TX
Congrats on your 60 days.. Coming from a man who just blew 15 years I am doing good at to get my 8th day in.. Congrats again..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Patricia R.
on 5/25/09 11:12 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks for your honesty, Ramon. I once had 8 years, and again 6 years. It is 18 months since my relapsing started, and I have only been able to get 90 days together so far, but this is where I am right now, 60+ days. We will just have to keep doing the program, one day at a time. Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Kathy
on 5/27/09 12:36 am - Hamilton, NJ
Way to go Trish!!!!!!  I am so happy for you.  Remember I am always here for you, if you ever want to chat.  Did the doc prescribe the pain meds?  I had a similar experience with Topamax, but 2 docs, a pharamacist and my sponsor and AA friends said "as long as it is a prescribed med, you are ok".  June 18th is 12 months for me.  Yay.
Kathy
PS:  Don't ever take Topamax.  I can tell you stories, well, ones that I can remember anyway about the 6 weeks of hell.  I'll take Excedrin Migraine and just deal with it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views