Adderal XR

jenvtwingirl
on 5/19/09 2:11 am
Hi- is anyone taking adderall XR post bypass? How is it effecting you? How about dosage difficulties. Thanks for the insight
lovdabluz64
on 5/21/09 11:54 am
I take the same amount I took prior to surgery.  30 mg xr  Have you had your surgery yet?  How are you doing?
jenvtwingirl
on 5/21/09 12:54 pm
Yes I had my surgery in 2003. Since then I have had a total body lift AND another baby...LOL...yes i need meds. The Dr. changed me to Ritalin 5 mg yesterday-i can't even tell i took anything. I will take this until i go back to dr next week. I think the Adderall works best , i just need the non xr, more thruout the day, my body absorb and puts the XR right out. The same way, before i quit drinking a couple years ago, i would get drunk, sober up , get drunk, sober up....usually before anyone else was getting started good. I do not drink anymore. Definitely NOT GOOD POST bypass-you just wait to get bad reports on your liver.
natalie1975
on 6/6/09 10:09 pm - Yardley, PA
hi,

I had my RNY surgery in December 2006 and,since then have been taken nonXR adderall i was on xR before--same dose 60mgs. it was according to my surgeon's advice and applied to all meds due to malabsorbtion, etc. i have been taken nonxR since and it does the job in fact once the pharmacy accidentally mixed up and dipensed me XR i could immediately feel the difference. Therefore, i fully agree with your thoughts regarding xR
Angela Snow
on 7/10/09 6:29 pm, edited 7/10/09 6:29 pm - Sidon, MS
I didn't take take Adderall preop. I had the Lap RNY on Jan 26 2003 and I started Adderall 10mg 3x day in 2005. Took it for about a year then stopped. I was put back on it about 8 months ago but given XR 30 mg QD which gave me HORRIBLE headaches so we went back to Adderall 10mg 3x day and I'm doing great!!

Good Luck to you!!

Hugs!!
Angela in Mississippi
Dr Michael King Oxford, Ms
Lap RNY Jan 28 2003
230/120

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views