All F@cked up

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/09 11:39 am, edited 5/17/09 11:40 am - NH
I have mild OCD , PTSD , Borderline Personality disorder and now they say I have Bipolar 2 on top of all that?

Of course alot are intertwined with one another, but do you think I have a shot at SSI?

My Dr wants me off work, oh yeah and they say social phobia.

I belive the OCD, I believe the social phobia, I believe the Bipolar .         PTSD and Borderline disorder I am not sold on.

geez , makes me sound crazy doesn`t it?

I have not worked enough for disability so it would be SSI for me.

I hope its not a dragged out 3 year process  

Does anyone have more then 1 mental illness  and was approved?

Thanks

PM if you would like privacy.
Patricia R.
on 5/17/09 1:45 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there,
I have Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar, Alcoholism and Binge Eating Disorder.  Throw in some anxiety and you have one f***ed up person. 

I have not had to seek SSI, or SSD at this time.  There is the possibility I may have Lupus, and then we will have to wait and see.

Good luck,
trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

angelitamay
on 5/18/09 2:28 am - Anderson, CA
Hi-

I have Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depression, Anxiety, and Bulimia.  I am on SSDI for the Depression and it was actually a fairly simple process.  I went back to work part-time two years ago but my position was just cut.  I don't know if I'm going to look for something else right now, or not.  I'm really not doing very well and could use some time off.

Best of luck to you!

Angie
nightowl
on 5/27/09 1:48 pm - Topeka, KS
Yes, I have more than one mental diagnosis, and was approved for disability on the first try.  (I get SSDI since I had enough credits from employment.)   I also have other/general health problems, but I think the mental problems are what got me approved.
You might have a good chance at the SSI.  For the SSI, you also have to be poor.  The fact that your doctor wants you off of work sure helps your case, I would think.  You can try it and see.
My biggest problem currently keeping me from trying to get employment is my overwhelming fatigue.  I am pre-op and morbidly obese.  I am in the waiting period before I can get Medicare
(due to disability), and then can persue weight loss surgery.  My current insurance totally excludes WLS. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views