Needing a Diet De-Tox

marieh
on 5/17/09 1:15 am - So. Easton, MA
I've eaten badly for a week and not exercised for two. Before I totally lose my grip on the last shred of my sanity, I'm doing a 3 day diet de-tox. Nothing but shakes (or at least two a day and one GOOD meal). I'm throwing out the junk. I have to get back on track and do what's best for me again. I feel like I did pre-op. Sluggish, awful, bone tired, and OLD. I really need to take stock of my life again too.

Turning 50 a few weeks ago has set me free in a big way! I finally LIKE me probably for the first time in my life! But I celebrated a little too much, not unusual for an addict I spose, and that has to stop. I notice this pattern in me. I eat badly, feel worse and promise to stop. (sounds familiar to all of us here I'm sure)...I have to trust in God to see me through this like He has before. I need to stay away from the trigger foods that start my binges and STOP bringing them into the house. again....

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 5/17/09 9:20 am - Perry, MI
Have you heard of the five day pouch test?  People on the PA forum do them a lot to get things back in control.  I have not tried it, yet, but hope to do one in Summer.  Right now, I am nursing my stupid broken foot. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views