Broken Foot...Major Owie!!!

Patricia R.
on 5/4/09 9:21 am - Perry, MI
Right now, I am physically miserable and emotionally depressed.

My foot is broken, and I do not get to see the orthopedist till Thursday.  I am in a world of pain right now.  It was first diagnosed as tendonitis by a quack *****ad my X-rays on April 13.  My new orthopedist looked at the same X-rays and showed me on 3 different films the fracture.  He decided to order an MRI for it before deciding what to do.  From the research on it, the two options look like either a cast, or surgery.  The cast will mean major lifestyle changes for a while.  The surgery will mean missing work, again. 

Add to that, I have not worked my second job since October due to health issues.  I am so broke, it is not funny. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathy
on 5/5/09 12:23 am - Hamilton, NJ
Oh Trish.  What have you stepped in?  I want to make sure I don't step in it.  Surely your luck will change for the better soon enough.  I just wanted to tell you that a few years ago I broke my heel, yup, my heel, and me, thinking it was just "spurs" proceeded to walk around for almost an entire year (in pain, of course****il I couldn't stand it anymore.  Turns out, I did alot of damage to the tendons and ligaments by walking awkwardly for a year and the surgery to fix it was more involved than it would have been had I taken care of it right away.  Do what you need to do to get this fixed.  Hey, I'm broke too AND I work two jobs.  Apparently, (I don't remember much) when I was actively drinking I spent a whole lot of money.  I've been steadily paying on it, but fortunately for me, in about 3 weeks everything will be paid off.  I've sold some property and I'm just waiting on closing.  Then I'm in the clear.   Coming up on 11 months sober on the 18th of this month.  Kathy
Patricia R.
on 5/5/09 6:14 am - Perry, MI
I wish I knew why I am the recipient of so many blessings in health and financial issues.  Well, the finances, I did mostly to myself.  The health, I have no clue.  

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/5/09 10:06 am

sorry to hear it's going so badly Trish. are you able to take pain meds? that help,  I mean?

(((((Trish)))))

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Patricia R.
on 5/5/09 12:34 pm - Perry, MI
Right now, I am on Tramadol, which helps, but is not doing what I need it to do today.  Since yesterday, I have been in agony for the most part.

I have to just pray I get through to Thursday without drinking. 

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/5/09 10:50 pm
wednesday am - how's it going so far?

one day til thursday....

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Kathy
on 5/6/09 1:03 am - Hamilton, NJ

Trish,
Hoping you're ok.  Tomorrow is Thursday.  Please call me (I PM'd you my number) if you need to talk - I have to work at Macy's tonight, but I'm free from 3:15 until 5:30 if you need me.
Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views