Celexa Withdrawl and update on me

meloh
on 4/16/09 2:25 am - MN
I'm not a regular poster here, but some of you may know me.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant - surprise to me and my husband! I'm getting excited now that I've gotten over the initual shock of it. I talked to my bariatric nurse about it right away and she agreed that I'm at a good place for this - I've been sober for well over a year!

Now my issue is that I'm trying to get off of celexa and the withdrawl is hard - especially combined with morning sickness. I was on 40 mg and now I'm down to about a 1/4 of a pill. I can't seem to go lower than that without feeling the 'zaps'. I'm sure it will just take a little more time.

Has anyone else had to take themself of celexa and deal with withdrawl?

Melanei

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kathy
on 4/17/09 12:23 am - Hamilton, NJ

Wow, I was just reading the side effects and withdrawal effects on the Celexa.  I'm glad you are getting off it.  Perhaps in another week or so you can be done with it all together.   I don't take Celexa, and after reading about it,  am pretty sure if it was ever recommended I would say no.  I'll just stay on my Effexor.  I wish you the all the best with your pregnancy.  Congrats on your continued sobriety. 

Kathy, 10 months sober today!

DK35
on 4/22/09 11:48 am - Campbell, CA
Celexa is the only drug that has worked for me and I haven't had any side effects except for night sweats and I don't have them anymore. What site do you find all of the bad stuff about celexa?

Dianna
Kathy
on 4/24/09 1:22 am - Hamilton, NJ
I just googled "Celexa Withdrawal" and skimmed a few articles.  I'm glad its working for you, though.
Patricia R.
on 4/17/09 4:28 pm - Perry, MI
I have never used Celexa, but do understand the difficulties you may be having with decreasing it.  I hope you are doing so under medical supervision.  If not, see the prescribing doctor for help in weaning off of it.

Congratulations on your anticipated newborn.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Emily_Rose
on 4/17/09 11:49 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Would Zophram help with the nausa?  I was not getting off anything with my PG but I was so sick all day the Dr put me on the ODT tablets 3x a day and it helped.  If you are not familiar with them they are given to chemo patients to help with nausea so they work well.   However you will need insurance because they are pretty expensive, unless they have a generic now
jenvtwingirl
on 5/1/09 5:06 am
 My OB actually prescribed this for  me while i was pregnant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views