depression is a terrible thing.

CeciliaM
on 4/1/09 12:51 am - Newark, DE
depression is a terrible thing.  you could be sliding and not know it.
i lost my job in dec 08.  fine.
Jan. -  i will sit out the holidays.  ok. done. over.
Feb. - well i could use a vacation.  ok. done. over.
Mar. - well.  i can do the things ive been meaning to do but couldnt.  well.  on shaky ground here. 
April - omg.  i am alone.  ive been doing stuff w my time.  i just dont lay around.  but.  what am i going to do?  hmm

i set out in feb-mar to lose weight.  i lost 10.  gd.  but. .

i set out in mar to do what i havent been doing around house (another story there) did some stuff but.

any excuse is a gd excuse.
yes i am on meds.  yes i take my meds. 
no i dont interact w any one ea day (either in person or verbal) i do read the boards here.  i do go to the gym but dont bother w anyone
no i dont have girlfriends or date or any thing like that.  why?  gd question.  story of my life.  i would love to date but am told i am a tough *****  i like being one of the boys. 
how did i get to this part of life and stall out?

i get like this.  i guess this is considered a down time.  if this a down time, they are getting closer together. 

i am sure i am not alone.  just wanted to vent. 
didnt mean to bring anyone down.
CeciliaM
10cm band
sweeney1
on 4/1/09 4:37 am
Doesn't bring anyone down.  I have been on a super low does of meds for two years.  Rectnyl I went to the doc to say I reconise that I am not feeling rihgt,  I started drinking, smoking, short temp.  My doc changed my meds and now I am 'normal' again.  YOu wouldn't believe what a mental, physical, and emotional charge that happned just because I made a doctor vist.  It was not even embarrasing like I thought it would be.  Wouln't hurt to see if there is a different med that would help.  There is a whole world out there.  A person never knows it when they are depressed.

Good luck, and see a doc.  It is so worth it.
Kathy P.
on 4/4/09 5:05 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Cecilia,

Your "down time" sounds quite a bit like S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder. If you are on meds for your depression, and they aren't quite fitting the bill, see if you can get a script for a light box. Worth a shot...

Take care--and congrats on the weight loss!
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Kathy P.
on 4/4/09 5:08 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety