still can't stop

NewLife100
on 3/27/09 11:14 am - Canada
I am 7 months out and I still drink to much - I hear everyone saying it makes them sick - why does it not make me sick ??
I know I need to get help and my weightloss has stalled and if I can cut out all the calories in wine I can loose more - but it is so hard
meloh
on 3/27/09 12:15 pm - MN
 Do you mean sick as in dumping or hangover sick? Wine was my drink of choice. I never made me dump or anything like that. But I definitely got hangovers.

You need to be honest with your doctor and yourself.  I'm sure they will be happy to help you. I know how hard it is to quit - you can't do it alone.

Patricia R.
on 3/30/09 12:49 pm - Perry, MI
It sucks.  I never got sick from an entire bottle of wine, but darn if a donut did not make me dump.  Go figure.

IF, you really want help, it is there for you.  You have to decide what you need to do.  First, talk to your family doctor, and tell him/her HONESTLY how much you are drinking and how often.  Do not try to B.S. because you are only hurting yourself.

Second, go to www.aa.org and find an AA meeting near you and go in there and ask for help.  That is what AA meetings are for.  It is not a club, but a group of people who want to stop drinking and stay stopped.  You can get help there. 

Third, if you cannot stop and cannot face your doctor, get to a rehab center, or emergency room and ask for help detoxing.  There is help available, but you must do the footwork. 

I am in an outpatient rehab program, and I am being helped more than I could have imagined.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views