attention from men is addictive

Michelle A.
on 3/24/09 9:20 am - Lincoln, CA
I need help.  Not quite sure what to say other than I am receiving attention I have never received before and I just don't quite know what to do with it.  I have been married for 14 years and don't want to screw things up.  I am planning a high school reunion (my 20th) and several men from my past have seen me on facebook and have shown a lot of interest in my new look.  It is hard to turn down attention from men because it validates that indeed perhaps I am attractive.  I find it to be a real mental *%ck.  HELP!
natalie1975
on 3/25/09 8:56 am - Yardley, PA
SOOO been there so here are my 2 cents based on my personal experience:

the bad news: the increased attention from men will continue. you are a very attractive woman and men will try to express interest/try pick you up or however you want to call it on regular basis. so you might as well get used to it.

now the good news: you will get used to it and will learn it's not an addiction or a bad thing. You are a beautiful woman and men will continue to approach you. Since your surgery your body image has probably improved and increased attention from men helps validate your attractiveness in your own mind. at first, it can be addictive and, yes, it can be a little difficult to turn some people down because getting all the increased attention is flattering and you are not yet quite used to it. however, after a while, you'll just take the attention for granted and, well, it won't be so tempting (unless, of course, the guy is really cute:]  so it will become a flattering, sometimes even annoying but an occasionally entertaining part of your life.

simonsmom
on 4/16/09 12:12 am - Coraopolis, PA

It is kind of a head rush isn't it? Especially if you were like me and always obsessing about appearance and dealing with low self esteem issues.

It sounds like you love and value your husband. I'm married as well, and one thing that I do is focus on being attractive for my hubby...and knowing that really, he is the only one whose opinion counts.

It's tough and stressful but kind of nice all at the same time...hang in there, focus on your marriage and just enjoy feeling good about yourself!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views