Dreams of suicide?

wendybear1
on 3/15/09 2:16 am - Brooklyn, NY
I've been drearming for months now about slitting my wrists. It's not something that I think about when I'm awake, or something that I realy think I want to do.

Has anyone else here had recurring dreams of doing harm to yourself?

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/15/09 2:40 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
 I have not.. I'm sorry you are having these dreams.  Perhaps if you are really confused by them or they bother you to make you wonder if you would "really" do something like this.. you should talk to a therapist.

altho.. I know I have had disturbing nightmares before and that does not mean I actually wish these nightmares upon myself or others.. 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

wendybear1
on 3/15/09 2:44 am - Brooklyn, NY
I have a history of suicide attempts, and I am seeing a therapist.

It's bothersome to think of how contented and happy the thought makes me in the dream, and that there's no pain from slitting my wrists in the dream.

As for the attempts, I have never tried slitting my wrists, it's just too messy. It's not my style, I guess.

I like the idea of oblivion, but not of dying, if that makes any sense at all...

I know it's the depression, and I need to see my psychiatrist again...

sweeney1
on 3/15/09 10:48 pm
Meds really can do wonders and you can easily feel normal again.
Sarahlicious
on 3/15/09 3:13 am - Portsmouth, OH

I know you say you have a history, could a new medication or maybe a medication that needs a dosage change be causing this? Definately call your therapist ASAP.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

wendybear1
on 3/15/09 8:28 am - Brooklyn, NY
It could be caused by a change in meds. I hadn't thought of that.

Any change in meds is a real possibility.   In a way, WLS surgery ends one life and begins another.   I'd think about the dreams as metaphor and be in touch with  your therapist(s) immediately and frequently.
Lalocaweta
on 3/17/09 12:41 am - Spicewood, TX
Check out the side effects of your new medication - I do know that some medications have side effects of weird/scary dreams - my mother is on one and she has nightmares almost every night.
Anne
wendybear1
on 3/23/09 12:18 pm - Brooklyn, NY
It is a VERY rare side effect... Maybe I'm one of the 4%.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views