feeling horrible :(

marieh
on 2/27/09 8:47 pm - So. Easton, MA
I saw my surgeon last week for my 18mo. check up. I GAINED four pounds. This might not seem like a lot, and it really isn't, but I've NEVER had any regain until now. I'm still not great with weight lifting (he suggested I do that immediately) and I've made a half-assed attempt at walking every day. i can't stay motivated....when I don't walk I can't get remotivated to do more. So far, I've walked three times this week, lifted once and figure if I start slowly I'll have a better chance of developing a GOOD habit.

I know I'm beating myself up and am totally devastated that I gained even a small amount so quickly. This is where I'm at and it's not good. I'm depressed, on prozac now, see my shrink on Monday, don't sleep well, am obviously not eating well and am feeling like a failure.  I spent a fortune right after my appointment on make-up and perfume, shoes, a bathing suit, jewelry and movies. I need to stop shopping, start walking and eat better. Sigh...Hope everyone else is doing ok.

marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/27/09 10:56 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I think it's known that there will be a percentage of weight gain after the honeymoon.  I know I was in that statistic.  I think I got to my lowest of 147 and currently weigh 168i**** goes up and down so much from day to day.  I'm 5 years out and battle to maintain constantly.  Andddd I live alone.. if I lived in a household were I had to bring food in to feed my family who didn't battle weight.. I'm sure I would probably be back to were I started. *sigh*.. maybe that's God's answered prayer to why I'm still single. ..  

hugss Marie  you're not a failure.. it's a lifelong change and a journey each day to make the right choices.  Soooo today is the first day to make the right choice. *muah*

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 2/28/09 12:55 am - So. Easton, MA
Thank you so much Rhonda! I guess I am in that statistic too, and keep forgetting about the "lifelong" part of the journey. I've looked at the glass as half empty rather than half full. Thanks for the reminder!!! :)

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 2/28/09 11:59 am - Perry, MI
Hey Chickie,
My weight gain has been horrible since I first drank in December 2007.  I am out of control, just in smaller portions.  But, like our recovery with everything else, we must work the 12 steps, and make the Spiritual changes inside of us so that our behavioral changes can come more naturally. 

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and put one foot in front of the other in our journey toward health and freedom.

Love you tons,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 2/28/09 10:14 pm - So. Easton, MA
Thanks chickie!

I've been better about my eating for the past week or so, so far. I need to hit the dreadmill today too. Right now I'm off to go food shopping (in the snowstorm)

Hugs,
Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views