~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/19/09 8:34 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Per an email I realize how much these posting mean to some.  Sorry I've slacked the past couple days.. and I thank YOU so much for making me aware of it.  It helps keep me sober.

02-19 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
When a person says something rash or ugly, we sometimes say they are "forgetting themselves," meaning they're forgetting their BEST selves in a sudden outburst of uncontrolled fury.  If I remember the kind of person I want to be, hopefully I won't "forget myself" and yield to a fit of temper.  I'll believe that the positive always defeats the negative: courage overcomes fear; patience overcomes anger and irritability; love overcomes hatred.  AM I ALWAYS STRIVING FOR IMPROVEMENT?

TODAY I PRAY
Today I ask that God, to Whom all things are possible, help me turn negatives into positives--anger into super-energy, fear into a chance to be courageous, hatred into love.  May I take time out to remember examples of such positive-from-negative transformations from the whole of my lifetime.  Uppermost is God's miracle: my freedom from the slavery of addiction.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Turn negatives into positives.

.. yesterday I became mad.. frustrated at a cowork who is also a friend over something she did/said.  I then said something out of haste to just be spiteful.  It bothered me the remainder of the day and last night altho I was still angry.  This morning when I went in she was there.  I said Hi.. and we talked very casual cold.  I then told her..   I want to apologize to you for yesterday for being spiteful.  I was angry but should not have said what I did.  She apologized also and we are good buddies again.  IT WAS EASY.. usually I NEVER can say I'm sorry.  But I did.. (thinking of the A DAY AT A TIME past few days talking about anger) and it was easy.   who knew that this stuff really does work.   I'M LIVING PROOF.. a work in progress.. but living proof!!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views