Doing well, all things considered.

Patricia R.
on 2/19/09 1:38 am - Perry, MI
I wrote up a huge praise/gratitude list last night and lost it somewhere in my computer.  As a result, I am going to have to put together a new one.  I had 17 things I saw God do in my surgery experience yesterday, and I was hoping to share it with everyone. 

When I look to God,
instead of my situations, I see His hand taking care of me in the little details that mean so much.  I had total peace all day yesterday, even prior to my surgery.  It was a God thing for sure.

I am not having any difficulty with my pain meds at this point.  I call my AA sponsor to let her know when I take it, that helps me stay accountable.

She might be able to drive me to a meeting tonight, as I can't drive till tomorrow.  I had general anasthesia yesterday, so driving is out of the question till tomorrow, and whenever I take my med.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathy
on 2/20/09 1:50 am - Hamilton, NJ
Trish,
I may need the same surgery - is it really painful?  How long do you plan to stay out of work?  Anyway, congrats on your 30+ days and your accountability with the pain meds.  I may have had a problem with alcohol, but not with pain meds - they all make me sicker than a dog.  I would make a lousy drug addict!  I did make a lousy drunk too - at the end I was constantly sick.  Glad to be 8 months sober yesterday.
Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views