Anxious but sober

Patricia R.
on 2/16/09 6:19 am - Perry, MI
I am less than two days away from my sinus surgery, and becoming anxious about a ton of things.  I have to put together work for my substitute teacher to do with the kids for five days.  I also have to get my bedroom tidied, so I can exist in it without feeling like crap.  The floor is littered with junk.  I just spent the day cleaning and doing schoolwork for my classes as it is.  Now, I must attend my outpatient treatment group, and I am exhausted.  The thing is, I also have to attend group tomorrow night, and I don't want to.  

The other part of my anxiety is that of relapsing on my pain meds, because I only have about 37 days of sobriety as it is.  I had a little fear when I had my WLS and my hernia, but I had years of sobriety then.

I just needed to share what is going on right now.  I am making a ton of meetings, and enjoying my new IOP group immensely.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 2/17/09 8:09 am - So. Easton, MA

Hey chickie!!

I'll leave my phone on at work for the rest of this week in case you need to reach out! I have a docs appt for a weigh in on Friday morning but other than that, it'll be on just in case!

Big hugs,
Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views