~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/5/09 8:44 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
02-05 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
If I am troubled, worried, exasperated or frustrated, do I tend to rationalize the situation and lay the blame on someone else?  When I am in such a state, is my conversation punctuated with, "HE did..,"  "SHE said..," "THEY did..,"?  Or can I honestly admit that perhaps I'm at fault.  My peace of mind depends on overcoming my negative attitudes and tendency toward rationalization.  WILL I TRY , DAY BE DAY, TO BE RIGOROUSLY HONEST WITH MYSELF?

TODAY I PRAY
May I catch myself as I talk in the third person, "He did..." or "They promised.." or "She said she would.." and listen for the blaming that has become such a pattern for me and preserves delusion.  May I do a turnabout and face myself instead.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Honesty is the ONLY policy.

Personal request..  a dear friend of mine is struggling with her own emotions as her son struggles with his addiction.  If anyone.. everyone.. can keep them in your thoughts right now, I would appreciate it.  Her name is Kim.  I think I have her convinced to go to an Alanon meeting and I will go with her.  Keep her in thoughts that she will go please!!

Thank YOU

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views