~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/30/09 8:11 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
01-31 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
One of the most constructive things I can do is to learn to listen to myself and get in touch with my true feelings.  For years, I tuned myself out, going along, instead, with what others felt and said.  Even today, it sometimes seem that they have it all together, while I'm still stumbling about.  Thankfully, I'm beginning to understand that people-pleasing takes many forms.  Slowly but steadily, I've also begun to realize that it's possible for me to change my old patterns.  WILL I ENCOURAGE MYSELF TO TUNE IN TO THE REAL ME?  WILL I LISTEN CAREFULLY TO MY OWN INNER VOICE WITH THE EXPECTATION THAT I'LL HEAR SOME WONDERFUL THINGS?

TODAY I PRAY
I pray that I may respect myself enough to listen to my real feelings, those emotions which for so long I refused to hear or name or own, which festered in me like a poison.  May I know that I need to stop often, look at my feelings, listen to the inner me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will own my feelings.

These Inspirational readings can be used in all aspects of our lives and addictions.  Not just for those addicted to alcohol, but those who have addictions to food.. shopping... gambling.. and sex.   Rather it existed before WLS or if it is a transfer addiction.  I look at people and I see many who are struggling with such addictions.  Not that it's my place to point and try to cure because for me to do so is pointless.  It's TOTALLY up to the said individual to realize that they have the illness.  Once they do.. and once they realize that they don't want to live that life anymore.. THAT is when they will seek ways to make those changes.

I use to party hard on the Singles Board.. I became known to drink and dial with other members.  Some was during blackouts.. and I've not a clue what was said.  It was fun times!!  We had a blast.. or I did anyways.  I remember one lady asking me if I thought I had a drinking problem.  I kinda did.. but took offense and posted back.. HELL NO.. It's all in fun.  But.. after time I began to suffer consequences from my drinking in real life.  My eyes one day saw a person who was wasted and I took a hard look and realized... I actually said to myself.   "..damnnn.. that's what I look like when I'm drunk.."  and I realized it's not pretty.   Actually it was damn ugly.  Soo I started to make the changes...

Sooo..  take a good look within.   Listen to the inner me*you*.  If you like what it's telling you now, Wonderful.  If your not so happy.. you can make changes.. A Day At A Time. 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views