Seraquel and Lap Band

frogger528
on 1/26/09 12:05 pm
Hi,

I'm pretty new to all of this and am considering having Lap Band surgery. I was wondering if Seraquel is okay to continue to take after having this surgery. Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Frogger
Corgi Mom !.
on 1/26/09 9:49 pm - sunny, FL
I don't know for sure but I can tell you I had the RNY and I take Seroquel with no problem so I can't imagine the band would be any different.
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
frogger528
on 1/26/09 10:09 pm
Thanks for your response. I was just concerned about the restriction that the band gives that the pill won't get stuck going down. I know some bandsters have problems with pills. Thanks again.

Frogger
liveinphx
on 1/27/09 12:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
It is true that some folks with the band do have trouble with pills. I am not sure if there is any wayto know ahead of time though.
You  may want to consider talking to your prescriber or your pharmacist to determine if they can be crushed or cut in to smaller pieces that are easier to swallow.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
LeaCali
on 1/27/09 3:22 am - Los Angeles, Ca
 I don't know your daily dosage, but he 25mgs are tiny and the 100s are smaller than an aspirin.  So early on you might want to change your pill size and multiply them to come up to your daily dosage.
frogger528
on 1/27/09 4:45 am
Thanks that's a great idea that I hadn't thought of. I'd hate to have to go off the meds just because of the surgery as they are finally doing their job better than other meds have in the past. I like the idea of just taking extra pills in smaller amounts. The only problem is right now I am on XR dosage so I don't know if you can lower the dosage to make smaller pills. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views