~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/26/09 1:06 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
01/26 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Personal freedom is mine for the taking.  No matter how close are the ties of love and concern that bind me to my family and friends, I must always remember that I am an individual, free to be myself and live my own life in serenity and joy.  The key word in this realization is PERSONAL.
For I CAN free myself from many involvements that SEEM necessary.  Through The Program, I am learning to develop my own personality.  AM I REINFORCING MY PERSONAL FREEDOM BY LEAVING OTHERS FREE TO CONTROL THEIR ACTIONS AND DESTINIES?

TODAY I PRAY
May I find personal freedom, by reevaluating associations, establishing new priorities, gaining respect for my own personhood.  May I give others equal room to find their own kinds of personal freedoms.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Take the liberty; it's yours.

http://www.cleanandsobernotdead.com/

http://www.aagrapevine.org/da/storyoday.php

Now whether withdrawn on a mountain,
or retired in a city, the essential
thing is the long maturation.
For this, it is good to keep
the examples of the old masters in mind,
or we will be pulled back into
the dust and delusion of the world.

- Torei (1721-1792)

A day at a time is the most commonly heard expression around the programs.  It's also the one newcomers often don't comprehend, and think stupid, believing it to be all too self-apparent.  A day at a time is indeed obvious, but it is also an art and science of being.  As people in recovery, we have lost touch with this very basic art possessed by all forms of life.  As human beings, it is our lot to have to struggle to regain this lost paradise, this lost Eden that is our collective real estate.  Ultimately, entering any sort of heaven can only mean entering this very day, this very moment that we always find ourselves in.  ---from The Zen of Recovery by Mel Ash (page 147)

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views