Still kind of stuck....

marieh
on 1/21/09 8:04 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi folks,

I'm noticing my weight hasn't really moved in months. I'm still about 12 pounds from my surgeons' goal. I've realized I stopped TRYING too aroudn the same time. No exercise, some bad eating habits, and pushing the envelope of good sense, for sure. I know I'm comfy right now, and am really petrified that I'll start gaining. I'm still down around 80 or so pounds but worry that won't last. It can't....if I don't get a handle on this I'm in trouble down the road and I know it! 

I DO bring good stuff to work with me, protein drinks and soy chips, and I make tood choices for hte most part. My therapist says it's a lapse, but not a relapse. I'm not so sure I agree with that. Either way, I'm trying to watch things. Since I'm not exercising, it's no wonder my weight isn't moving, but I cannot find the motivation to get off my butt. I'll try and walk again tonight and set some priorities for myself. Putting myself first isn' t easy....

Marie

PittsburghCutie
on 1/22/09 9:07 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Marie, Hi Doll, if it means anything...

I've gained 5 pounds in the past 3 weeks.

It's this time of year.

*wink*

Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
marieh
on 1/22/09 9:12 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey chickie!!

Nice to see you!!! I know this time of year is killer, and Super Bowl Sunday's comin...I'm already planning the food!  GO STEELERS!! OMG I don't think I'm gonna hit that goal...

Big hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 1/23/09 8:23 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Marie,
I empathize because I have been stuck for over a year.  Since I relapsed on the alcohol, the food has been quirky.  I already gained back 30, which makes my goal weight 50 pounds away.  Discouraged is not a powerful enough word for how I feel about it all.

I just keep plugging away, one day at a time.  If I did more self-soothing, I would probably be more successful.

Don't give up.

Hugs,
trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views