I think this is the forum for me lol!

Tammy D.
on 1/20/09 3:17 pm - Jamestown, ND
You know I think  its just a night for sharing does anyone ever have nights like that? I was reading the cover story about Charlie Im sure most of you have read it, and the part about her hubby passing away from lung cancer just Screamed at me! Ive been so negative when it comes to my quitting smoking but I REALLY DO NEED TO QUIT!  Its just as important if not more than losing the weight. I really get discouraged though and think to myself how can anyone do both at the same time. Im not trying to be a whiner please forgive me its just sooo..... hard to imagine myself without a cigg. I can imagine myself without food before I could a cigg. Isent that awful? Sometimes my anxiety kicks in and I think well youve probably got cancer somewhere by now anyway so why worry about it? That comes from being caretaker to both dad and brother with cancer three years ago {the scaredy cat stuff} both diagnosed several months apart, and both passed several months apart. Im just feeling like its kinda a hopeless situation right now. I dont know what to expect with all the upcoming changes its really scary and Ive just now realized how scaired I really am. The ciggs have always been my fallback for everything. get upset, uncomfortable ,anxious. whatever, smoke a cigg. Now all the diet changes on top of it whoa! thats alot. I think its an identity thing thats who i have always been overweight and a smoker who am i going to be now? LOL! I know it sounds crazy but it is true. Any thoughts welcome!
See you on the losers bench

Kitty Kat
on 1/20/09 10:19 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Tammy,

Quitting ANY addiction isn't easy but its very much worth it. Its going to take some work. Sometimes until something dramatic happens to ourselves we don't see what everyone else does. Anxiety is real and needs to be dealt with as well. Its time to shed your negative identity for a newer, fresher perspective on life. You're worth it right? So, why not seek the help that you need and ditch the cigs and begin to manage your life in a healither more manageable way. There are tons of supportive & encouraging folks here. Let us know what we can do to support you.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views