not going to be a good year

Olivia L.
on 1/14/09 2:30 am
  i just found out that there is absolutley no way i can have surgery in 2009. I had such high hopes for this year and now i have nothing to look forward too. my insurance says i need to show 6 months of a supervised diet and i have failed at that many times. i just don't know where to begin. im only 18 and i have nothing going for me and all i think about is what my life could be like if i lose 200 lbs. I just cannot believe i have to wait 12 or more months to even begin the process of getting approved again.  Plus i was sitting on my couch today and the wood in it broke. I've never felt more worthless in my entire life. and of course in this situation i would go out and get fast food but i am going to try my hardest not too. Anyway thanks for reading...
 xoxo Olivia   
HW: 428 August 2009
CW: 220 June2012
GW:175 September 2012?!

Jodyb2009
on 1/14/09 2:41 am - Corsicana, TX
Dear Olivia,
I had to have the 6 months, too.  Believe me, I didn't lose any weight during that time.  The other thing is, the 6 months flew by.  You could still be ready to roll by summer.  Don't give up!  Use this time to work on the insurance, to mentally prepare yourself, and to be ready this summer.  You CAN do this.  You don't have to wait 12 months...remember, 6 months will pass whether you do the plan or not.  Might as well do it.  I am praying for you sweetie.  Jody
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/09 3:57 am - highlands ranch, CO
hang in there gorgeous and stay strong.......no matter how long the wait is.......get the ball rolling.

if u dont......it'l never happen.  i was on a 1 year waiting list for mine......i was bummed at first.....but was havn surgery b4 i knew it.............the time had jus flown right by. 

soooooooooooo, get the ball rolln................

maybe u need a visit from "the DR"        {that meaning me}
Olivia L.
on 1/14/09 5:15 am
 thanks haha i dnt even know you and everything you write makes me laugh or smile! thanks for the pic comment by the way!
 xoxo Olivia   
HW: 428 August 2009
CW: 220 June2012
GW:175 September 2012?!

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/09 6:52 am - highlands ranch, CO

anytime......

scorpiokutie
on 1/14/09 5:28 am - Baltimore, MD
Hang in there!!! I had to do a 6 month supervised diet and I only lost 3 of the 6 months. One month, I even gained 2 pounds. As long as you do what your dr. says and visit them once every month to document it, that should be acceptable. Some people just cannot lose weight by dieting. Don't give up!! My insurance denied me the first time around. I appealed, got denied again. I waited 2 years, then tried again. And luckily, I got approved this time. Just be patient.

Tiffany

Patricia R.
on 1/14/09 11:24 am - Perry, MI
I know it seems like an eternity, but a six month supervised diet can help you begin to make the lifestyle changes that are essential after weight loss surgery.  Think of it as a boot camp.  After surgery, you are going to have to monitor your fat and sugar intake, and exercise regularly.  Do that now, and have a doctor document it for you.  Before you know it, it will be June and you will be on your way to processing everything. 

Hang in there.  Some of us didn't get this surgery till we were much, much older, and endured years of weight, pain and emotional and social pain as well. 

I also suggest you see if individual psychotherapy is available to you to help you begin understanding what makes you tick, and how you can make all these changes in a positive manner.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

geminikb
on 1/14/09 4:52 pm - Richfield, MN
 A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/09 12:23 am - LA

Darlin, I am so sorry to hear about all of this! But something that really bothered me while reading your post was "im only 18 and i have nothing going for me" YOU ARE SO YOUNG AND BEAUITFUL!!!!!!!!! You have so much going for you hun!!!! Just be positive and at least try that way you can say you did and have something to shove in the insurance claimers (or whoever handles that crap) face and say NOW APPROVE ME *****ES!!! Dont ever allow yourself to feel worthless because you arent, NONE of us are!! I was always a fast food junkie myself too so dont feel alone on that.... I was in a coma in 07 for 6 weeks and haha during that time my dad had to get my car from work and it was FILTHY (I was a single mom of a 8month old what did ya expect? ) and he still tells everyone about how I was the "Fast Food Queen" and says "She had every bag from every fast food resteraunt from here (Baton Rouge) to New Orleans!!!!" haha and the truth was HE WASNT LYING!!! (I travel alot!)

ANYWAYS! We're all in the same boat or have been in a boat similar to you hun! Be positive and never be so hard on yourself! Give it a try and then give that insurance company a big slap in the face! If you dont its longer untill you FEEL better PHYSICALLY! And aint nothing better than knowing the feeling of feeling lighter (trust me...I felt it after losing 30lbs!!!!!)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs.gif hugs image by brebean217

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/09 10:10 pm
I'm sooo sorry!  But don't give up.  I had to do 3 months of supervised diet.  I had to meet with my surgeon's nutritionist once a month for 3 months.  It's ok if you don't lose wt during this time.  Most insurance just want to make you "attempt" it before they approve it.

DON'T give up!  And you are NOT worthless.  One of my favorite quotes...."to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views