Wondering.....

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/09 10:45 pm - LA
I was wondering if anyone was experiencing any cross addictions since having WLS? I believe I am experincing them and it's kind of scarey to me.

SouthernLynn
on 1/11/09 10:56 pm - Denham Springs, LA
You mean like excessive shopping????  Smoking, drinking....things like that?  I know people that do exchange the eating for other things.....I am trying reallllly hard NOT to do the shopping!  (But it is hard when you can, for the first time ever) shop in the nice stores and get small sizes!

Start Weight: 186
Goal Weight: 125
Current Weight: 120  (66 pounds lost)
Size 18 Pants to 4 (Petite)
Size XXL Shirt to Small (Petite)
Goal in 6 1/2 - 7  months 

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/09 11:05 pm - LA
Hi Lynn, I'm originally from Denham! I just moved to BR to be closer to work, haha considering moving to watson though cause I miss LP so much!

ANYWAYS, yeah mine is Shopping and Sex..... It's a really REALLY hard battle it is seriously worse than anything I've ever had to deal with before and I just dont know what to do. They dont have support groups for this as far as I know?
Lalocaweta
on 1/12/09 12:42 am - Spicewood, TX
I think you are going to find a number of people who post on here who are experiencing cross addictions. Primarily alcohol or prescription drugs; however, there are lots of other cross addictions - as your are suspecting - such as shopping, sex, gambling, etc.
There are therapists who specialize in cross addiction and/or dual-diagnosis clients - I would imagine you can find one in Baton Rogue. There are 12 step programs for sex addicts - I have to say I am not sure how comfortable you would be there as what I understand from the little bit of learning I have had about SA - it is generally men.
Anne
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 12:55 am - LA
Yea I'm not sure if going to SA meetings and being surrounded by men would benefit me, thats like going to AA and it being held in a bar.... hmmm
SouthernLynn
on 1/12/09 1:34 am - Denham Springs, LA
You should move back this way....hey you should have joined us Saturday!  We had a blast!  Maybe next time!...I am really having to be careful with the shopping.  I have never been able to wear "cute" clothes and now that I am at this size it is sooooo hard not to shop!  I have put myself on an allowance (weekly) and that is the only $$$ I can spend on clothes....which means that I'll have to save a couple of weeks or months to buy stuff....so this will keep me out of the stores!

Start Weight: 186
Goal Weight: 125
Current Weight: 120  (66 pounds lost)
Size 18 Pants to 4 (Petite)
Size XXL Shirt to Small (Petite)
Goal in 6 1/2 - 7  months 

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 1:47 am - LA
I wanted to! But I was at work allllllllllllll day! I know what you mean. Saturday night I shopped for the first time since I was 17 at Wetseal and was able to fit in their clothes! I have been spending anywhere from 1500-3000 a week. Thats why I'm trying my best to reach out for help with these cross over addictions
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 9:50 am - highlands ranch, CO

you look grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8 
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 8:58 pm - LA
Thanks Mike! 
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 12:14 pm - highlands ranch, CO

actually that comment was for "southern lynn"

but you already know that i do think ur HOT andd look grrrrrrrrrr8  

u gonn *** see me in hammond on friday
Most Active