~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/7/09 10:43 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
01/08 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

Today is the day for which I asked and for which I have been given strength.  That in itself is a miracle.  In my old life, I constantly endangered myself as well as countless others.  So the very fact that I am alive is the great miracle from which all other miracles will flow, providing I continue to do the things that have brought me this far in my new life.  AM I GRATEFUL THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS DAY?

TODAY I PRAY
May God's goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life.  May I never cease to wonder at the greatest miracle in my life -- that I am alive, here, on this green earth, and growing healthier with the life-preserving tools I have been given.  Since God has chosen to give me life and to preserve my life, even through the dangers of addiction, may I always continue to listen for His plan for me.  May I always believe in miracles.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
My life is a miracle.

Click to view full size image

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 1/8/09 9:40 am - So. Easton, MA
RHONDA!!!  How are you feeling chickie?? Glad to see you back here!! Missed you terribly!! :) 

Big hugs,
Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/8/09 10:08 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Marie..

I'm doing really really good.  I had my breast reduction/lift and tummy tuck Monday.  Came home Tuesday.. and went back to the surgeon today.  I got to see his wonderful handiwork.. and for just 3 days out.. I believe I'm gonna be quite happy.  Still alot of swelling.. and 2 drain tubes in.  I go back next Tuesday. 

I'm getting around really good.. even washed my hair in the kitchen sink this afternoon.  Down to half a pain pill every 5 hours or so.  Not feeling as bad as some I've heard.. I either have a great tolerance to pain.. or the surgeon is a miracle worker.

Thanks so much for asking about me.. and missing me.  How have YOU been doing? I've read some posts.. and try to keep up some. 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 1/8/09 10:22 am - So. Easton, MA
Wow that's wonderful!! :)  I'm wanting a bat-wing-ectomy and a gut flattener...but I'm afraid I won't stop there! LOL...I figure I've just started back exercising damn near daily, so I'll wait and see. I've put myself through so much surgery wise, I'm not sure I want to do it again this soon.

I've had some lapses (but not relapses as my shrink put it) with food and stan. NOT going to do the domination thing again, and just did a three day liquid protein de-carb fest. My sugars bottomed out so bad I lasted only 2.5 days...but it helped. I never thought a liquid protein detox would really make a difference but it did! I feel better, my sugars are stable again and I'm finally less constipated. (what's not to love, right?) LOL...

My daughter had a reduction a year ago and loves the results. She went from a DDD to a C and is much happier. No more back pain, off her thyroid meds and the migraines are all but gone too!  I just want mine put back where they belong! LOL... The tummy thing sounds good though. But I want to try tightening up what I've let spread out first. I'm so glad you're happy iwth your results! It does so much for our self-esteem and outlook on life! How long do you have for recuperation from work? Is it hard to raise and lower yourself like it was after the bypass? I remember it was almost a month before I could move up and down from bed as I did pre-op. You'll be the next Victoria's Secret model now!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views