Prettier before?

devilblkdress
on 1/6/09 11:11 am - NC
Okay obliviously like everyone who goes through this surgery I am struggling with body issues. But I just can't seem to shake the fact that I was more attractive before WLS. Does anyone else feel this way. I know I am healthier now (atleast physically) and I had surgery to achieve that. I just didn't expect to lose my self esteem and confidence in the journey. I mean before I thought I was this super hot fat chick and now I hate to see myself naked.
KITTYKAY
on 1/6/09 3:27 pm
Hey sorry I havent written you back. See I am still having a real hard time mentally with this surgery. I think I'm nuts...I'm just wondering if I made a mistake. I know the surgery was the best thing for me..but these changes are freakin me out.
 Kitty Kay

Raise awareness - Multiple Sclerosis

RNY 7-30-08
233/150
marieh
on 1/6/09 7:26 pm - So. Easton, MA
I hated my body naked fat...Im' not in LOVE with it and never will be. Most ppl hate their bodies (thanks supermodel industry!) but we are what we are. Try to accept your new body. It's hard, and I'm not fully there almost 18 mo. out. You're waking up every day, given another chance to make an impact on your own life and those you touch. :) Look at your glass as half full..a.nd you'll see like I did that it's really over-flowing!

Hugs,
Marie

Jaclynn00
on 1/12/09 1:42 am - Riverview, FL
Frankly, pre-WLS, I didin't like what I looked like naked.  Still don't- but NOW I look a HELL of a lot better in clothes!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views