Losing my mind

Patricia R.
on 1/1/09 11:20 pm - Perry, MI
There was a time, prior to AA and prior to therapy, that I always felt out of control, free-falling on a downward spiral.  I had not felt that way in a very long time, till this week.  I have a ton of anxiety, and a ton of out of control emotions.  I am not acting out, and have a little sobriety, and even had a therapy session this week, but I still feel out of control. 

I know one thing that is happening is that I must part with my cats today.  I know I must do this for health reasons, as well as family reasons.  I have been sick with a terrible sinus infection, and I already know I am allergic.  I have been on antibiotics most of the fall and winter. 

Just putting it out there, because I have to get it out.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

nikkib1216
on 1/2/09 12:19 am
Wow i know what your talking about.  i feel like i am losing my mind too.  i had everything under control until 1 year ago.  i have a good paying job and no money.  i am so far in debt i just have no idea which way to turn.  i guess i just need to get my head out of my ass and just work on this.  i know it is going to be tough but i just have to do it.  i hope things get better for you.

Nikki

Lalocaweta
on 1/2/09 2:55 am - Spicewood, TX
You know - One day at a Time works for other issues in your life too.......I know that I am having a ton of issues and finally said I would do things one day (sometimes an hour) at a time. Tackle a piece of the problem at a time - not the whole problem. Set goals that are quickly achievable - and it helps reduce the anxiety.

As for parting w/ your cats - that is an understandably trying thing - I could not imagine having to part w/ any of my animals. Allow yourself to grieve over the situation - you deserve to do that as animals are like children for many of us.

A
marieh
on 1/2/09 8:02 pm - So. Easton, MA

Hi Trish,

I'm sorry about giving up your cats. They're like our best friends, always listening...my daughter called hers her therapy cat. Velvet was one of my best friends for so long...and having to give them away is painful, but I understand that having them is hurting your health. At least you can make sure they go to good homes.

I agree with the comment on taking things one step at a time. I tend to try to do too much at once, and  that alone makes me over-anxious. Take it easy on yourself. 

Hugs,
Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/2/09 11:13 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Good morning Trish..

I'm sorry about having to part with your fur-babies.. I oh so well understand as I have two of my own and love them dearly.  As the one person said...  it's okay to feel so sad about it and to grieve.

I also have felt a little out of control these past couple of days.. due to having surgery this Monday.  I'm having plastics done.  Breast reduction/lift and tummy tuck.  My house is a wreck.. I'm not sure who is going to check in on me.. I have my bills I need to pay up on today.. and stuff to get in the house.. like protein drinks and such.  I am such a procrastinator.. but learning that somehow.. it manages to all work out.  Everyone has these feelings when under stress and we just have to learn to accept the feelings of anxiety that it's a *normal feeling* and we don't have to act out to cover it up.  Once worked thru... we feel the relief and can appreciate dealing with life on life's terms.

take care hun.. and keep posting to get it out.. hell.. you helped me get some of my anxiety off my chest too.  Now.. I  must go and do something like pay a bill.. one step at a time.. I'll get thru it.  And .. so will YOU!!

hugssss,
Rhonda

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 767 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 748 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 974 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1679 views