Lower Self~Esteem???

peggy76
on 12/22/08 10:38 pm - girardville, PA
 ok so ive lost 50+lbs since july just on pre-op diet  program alone.. gettin ready for surgery.. none of my clothes are fitting properly... my skin is already getting saggy... even my face is starting to look like ive melted... has anyone else experienced this? i mean ok i knew like a year from now i would have excess skin an so on.. but well im going in to hibernation mode.. when i dont want to be seen and just want to sleep.. you'd think that losin weight would make me feel better about myself but its makin it worse.. i mean i know losing weight doesnt change ur mental state.. but well u all more then likely know what i mean... an it being holiday season isnt helping :(

Peg-

LeaCali
on 12/23/08 2:16 am - Los Angeles, Ca
 honestly, you have lost your best friend....food.  It will get better, seeking for support is the best way  to handle the blues.  Good luck.

Lea
Patricia R.
on 12/23/08 12:20 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Peg,
Food is a drug that helps many of us to mask our real feelings.  The result is that when we give it up, we become aware of all of the feelings deep down inside, including our sense of self worth.  You are experiencing your true feelings, because you are no longer masking them with food. 

My suggestion, for I share my own personal experience, is that you seek indvidual psychotherapy and work on yourself.  I have a lot of crap in my squirrel cage and need all the help I can get, or the squirrels go loose and I go crazy.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views