~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/6/08 11:03 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

12/07 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
As long as I stubbornly hang on to the conviction that I can live solely by my individual strength and intelligence, for just that long a working faith in my Higher Power is impossible.  This is true no matter how strongly I believe that God exists.  My religious beliefs -- no matter how sincere -- will remain forever lifeless if I continue trying to play God myself.  What it comes down to, we find, is that as long as we place self-reliance first, true reliance upon a Higher Power is out of the question.  HOW STRONG IS MY DESIRE TO SEEK AND DO GOD'S WILL?

TODAY I PRAY
I pray that I may not place my self-reliance above reliance on God.  May I know that there is no conflict between taking responsibility for my own actions, which I have been taught is the essence of maturity, and looking to God for guidance.  May I remember that if I stick to the "do-it-myself" rule, it is like refusing to ask for a road map from a tourist information bureau -- and wandering around forever lost.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Maturity is knowing where to go for help.

Click to view full size image

Click to view full size image

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views