Help - Any RNY-ers still drink

NewLife100
on 11/28/08 7:33 am - Canada
I need to talk to someone - I had a drinking problem before RNY in August and I have been drinkign since - i know this is wrong and please no lectures but I need to talk with someone who is going thru this

Again -- NO LECTURES please
Curious G.
on 11/28/08 8:30 am - Peachtree City, GA
I don't think you're going to find any lectures here.  There are so many of us who totally relate to what you've written.  Let me know if you'd like to exchange emails.

Love,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

mzchelle73
on 11/28/08 9:39 am - Lawrenceville, GA
My best friend is 2 years out and has a major drinking problem.  I have tried to help her and recomend surrounding yourself with good friends and support. 

good luck
Melissa
Patricia R.
on 11/28/08 10:45 pm - Perry, MI
I definitely won't lecture.  I am a recovering, often relapsing, alcoholic.  I have been in AA for 19 years, sober for 8+, then 6+ years, till last year.  I empathize with the struggle to deal with alcohol, and had my most recent relapse post-RNY. 

What has helped me is to attend AA and work the 12 steps of recovery.  Most recently, I am in outpatient treatment for my drinking.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.  I understand the struggle. 

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views