I really belong here :]

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/08 11:34 am
I had my bypass may 2006 I am so grateful for being able to do that...I hated being heavy it drove me nuts every day.I lost quite a bit but have gained some and it makes me nuts sometimes...sad to say..No one  I know no
friends understand me..I am way thinner than before but my anxiety level is sooo high.I take lexapro but I cannot sleep and my life is quite stressful...I work and live with my husband...good and bad...I love him but I swear he dosent understand me...how sad...what do youj all think???
marieh
on 11/26/08 11:20 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi Laura! 

Have you considered therapy at all to de-stress? I started going to talk about my food triggers...NOW I keep going to deal with a job I hate, a life I'm confused by, feeligns I didn't know I had and the ones I DO. :)  It doesn't hurt to check it out, and at least in my case, it's helped a lot! I'm much happier now than I've ever been in my life.

I'm out about 18 months give or take and am down 75 plus. Much happier, and healthier!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Marie

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 9:34 am
I do go to a therapist..I know I really need anxiety meds but since my therapist knows my family history she doesnt feel I should  have them.I can tell you xanex truley helps me feel  better not so anxious but its hard to get anyone to prescribe them.My husband is so high strung and really needs meds but he is the type that thinks he is fine...It kinda of sucks since because he is up my ass everyday.He really isnt concerned about me  but is...I feel that when I have issues thaT AFFECT ME HE GETS ATTENTION OUT OF IT. crazy right??...I have a good biusness with wonderful hardworking employees but he is so not grateful for what we have ...he will never be happy.Talking to him is useless since he only hears what he wants...all I want for x-mas is happiness ,good health and peace.I have a daughter who will b 16 dec 24 and she is so wise way past her age in years...welll... happy thanksgiving :]
marieh
on 11/27/08 8:17 pm - So. Easton, MA
My husband hears with his feelings...he hears what he THINKS I'm saying...not my words. (and I choose carefully after 26 years of practice with this!) LOL...men are very odd creatures.  It's not uncommon for people to feed off others issues for attention. Lots of movies and tv shows use that theme as a storyline. Your therapist can help you deal with how you react to his attention issue :)  Trish had a great idea about asking for the med w/no habit forming side effect. Sounds like a start! :)

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 11/27/08 1:32 pm - Perry, MI
What is your therapist?  A psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker?  I ask because my therapist never gives medication advice.  He is a psychologist and believes that medication issues are best left to the psychiatrists.  Do you see a psychiatrist, or does your family doctor prescribe your lexapro?  I am not being nosy, just trying to get context.  I am on lexapro, along with Risperdal and Buspar.  Buspar helps a lot with the anxiety, and the Risperdal really helps my scrambled brain, along with my mild bipolar symptoms. 

I suggest you see a psychiatrist and ask about Buspar.  It is safe, not addictive like Xanax, or the other Benzos. 

As for your husband's issues, I was married to a control freak for 25 years.  I miss him terribly, except for the negativity because I was not living up to his expectations. 

Good luck.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 7:52 pm
I take lexapro and I swear it dosent help.I see a social worker licensed in marriage and family issues.I have strong issues with alcholism on both sides of my family.I do feel my brain is scrambled sometimes.I have dabbled with alchol and it helps but I cant do that because I am fine one minute then out cold the bext.Weird because I never drank before.I am going to get an appt @ a physchiarist and let him/her know how I feel.Cant change my husband as I have tried for 21 years I can only take care of me and my daughter...my 2 boys are over 18 and moved out...Ask any questions...sometime I feel people do not understand ~happy holidays~   no shopping for me...
Patricia R.
on 11/27/08 8:21 pm - Perry, MI
Interesting.  I am a Licensed Social Worker in Pennsylvania, and I would never tell a client that they do not need a certain medication.  I am not qualified to make that call, only a psychiatrist is.  I work part time in a psychiatric hospital and always encourage my clients to discuss all of their symptoms and side effects with the psychiatrist because that is the expert on medications. 

I was married for 25 years and we had issues from day one.  Our marital therapist tried her best to help us resolve our problems, but my husband was determined he wanted out of the marriage, so we ended up divorced 8 years ago.  All of my kids are grown and live away now, so it is just the cats and me.  Lonely at times, but I am learning just the same.

Do see the psychiatrist, and let that person make the decision concerning medications. 

Good luck,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/08 7:47 pm
Thanks to sleep I did drink and I slept like a baby...I know thats way wrong but I cant seem to calm myself down and my mind runs 24/7...sucks.Next week I will call a psychiarist to help me regulate some kind of meds.I am I calm person on the outside my I am a wreck on the inside...Yjamls for listening...my husband loves me but he really is no help to me .No shopping for me trying to cut back.My duaghter will be 16 on dec 24 sooo next thur-sund we will be in orlando to go to disney...expensive so I am counting my pennies
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views